The pandemic has taken a toll on almost every aspect of our lives. People are now of coming in with order people and delivery services are being affected. So, how does one order food, take outs and groceries in the pandemic? The answer to this question is yes!
With the lockdown and social distancing that have be imposed on almost everyone around the world, safe delivery have become paramount. These items can be requested to be delivered to your doorstep without you having to be in contact with anyone. Being safe in ordering and receiving items in these times are also imminent.
ORDERING GROCERIES, FOOD AND TAKEOUT DURING THE PANDEMIC.
The pandemic has surmounted many of our daily activities. These activities includes quick trips to the grocery store and lunch in restaurants. What used to be a very normal task to individuals now brings terror to the hearts of many. Questions like “is the virus on food packaging?” “Am I supposed to go to the store?” have ensued.
It is important to note that no evidence has been provided by the CDC to support the claims of many that says “the virus can be spread through food”.
THE RISK IN GOING TO THE STORE OR RESTAURANT.
There is risk of being infected when one goes to the store or restaurant. The virus according to the CDC can be spread easily through contact between two persons. Although one can also get infected by touching objects that has the virus on them and then touches face, nose or mouth. It is now safer to place orders online and have them delivered to your doorstep. Click here!
EXAMPLES OF APPS AVAILABLE FOR ORDERING.
The days of calling restaurants or shops to place orders are finally over. As we now have compatible iOS and android apps that enable us place orders by merely tapping our phone screens. Some of these apps include; DoorDash, GrubHub, Uber eats, Seamless, Postmates, gopuff, Delivery.com, Instacart, Munchery, Eat24.
SAFETY PRECAUTIONS TO BE TAKEN IN ORDERING DURING QUARANTINE.
- Sanitize your hands. Wash hands often with soup and water for at least 20seconds. Use alcohol based hand sanitizers.
- Use nose face and hand gloves while receiving goods, if door delivery services are not available.
- Make online transactions. Do not exchange cash or coins. The virus can survive on surfaces. If by any chance you make cash transactions sanitize your hand before and after receiving it.
- Tip the food courier via online payment.
- If you must sign for the delivery, use your own pen.
- Immediately discard the packaging in which the food/grocery came in.
- Wash reusable grocery bags.
- Wipe food packages with sanitizing wipes or cleaners.
- Do not eat cold food. On receiving the food, if it has gotten cold warm or microwave it.
- Perishable items should be washed immediately they are received. The outer most layer of food items like cabbage and lettuce should be thrown away. Items can also be kept in the refrigerator.
- In cooking some perishable items like meat, cook to proper internal temperature.
- Clean your kitchen surfaces and table tops properly.
- If items received looks rough handled, discard them and lay immediate complains.
There is no need to fret if the aforementioned safety precautions can be observed. Always remember that health is wealth. If the process is not safe, do not use it until you arm yourself with the right armory to protect yourself. Check out this article: https://www.bonniesbeefandseafood.com/can-cbd-oil-help-you-quit-smoking/…